here are some things i have either:
a) discovered over the last few weeks via some of you or my own silly mistakes
b) decided that you should discover as well if you haven't already:
- watch the movie Tender Mercies. Directed by Bruce Beresford.
- sometimes the best parenting advice comes from people who are not parents.
- middle schoolers poop in their pants and leave their underwear on the ground.
- the seattle sculpture garden is rad.
- I like mark twain.
- accepting/receiving forgiveness is not easy.
- watch the movie 'the King of Kong'. Excellent.
- i've been lazy with writing and reading and speaking french. these are the three most important things in my life for the past 4 years. i've just been depressed that i've put them on the back burner. I am hoping to change that.
- rob bell did some great things with love wins. he also did some not great things. i want to thank him for provoking a conversation that i hope happens among those who care about that stuff. (i hope to write more on this later.)
- asking a kid, "what would it take to make you happy?" when they just said they feel hopeless is the wrong question.
- chocolate pasta is good. you can buy it at pike's place market.
- trying to be a good friend is hard work.
- i love mushrooms.
- there is sunlight over me no matter what i do.