2.23.2022

February 23, 2022

I had the pleasure of hearing a song yesterday that was written specifically for me. It's Crush by Tessa Violet. 


These lyrics: 

you make it difficult to not overthink, and when I'm with you I turn all shades of pink

I want to touch you but don't want to be weird, it's such a rush I'm thinking wish you were here

and I'm just trying to play it cool now but that's not what I want to do now

and I'm not trying to be with you now

And: 

I fill my calendar with stuff I can do, maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

and I'm pretending you ain't been on my mind, but I took an interest in the things that you like

And: 

and yeah it's true that I'm a little bit intense right 

but can you blame me when you keep me on the fence like

and I been waiting hoping that you'd wanna text like (text like)

it's what I was born to do


I like this song because it makes me feel less bad about when this has happened to me. Maybe I'm just a person, after all! The song is so boppy and light, which is part of its irony and persuasive charm. Like the melody itself is playing it cool. We need a metal song about having a crush, a punishing howling vortex of confusion and need. I'll get right on that. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment