3.01.2022

March 1, 2022

I got my wisdom teeth out this morning. I went under what they called "twilight" general anesthesia... or twilight local anesthesia? Twilight was in the name. Last night I was pretty worried about it. I've been under anesthesia before -- when I got my ACL surgery and when my broken arm was set before they cast it -- and I wasn't worried about it then. I think it was because I was younger and trusted the world and adults more than I do now. This time, I was just about as worried about the anesthesia as I was about the teeth extraction itself. 

I got my top two (non-impacted) wisdom teeth taken out the summer before college. I walked in and the dentist was like, "Hi, I'm Adam." Not Doctor Such-and-Such. Just Adam. He was young too. I only had local anesthesia that time, was wide awake. It took forever, and I swear they went in there with one of those clacky tools you use to crush crab legs. My lips hurt from being stretched so much, and the corners of my mouth got sores. It was not good. 

So I opted for the anesthesia for the bottom two. They're impacted, so I figured much worse. Plus the dentist recommended it. (I'm still a little loopy.) I really have lost my train of thought here. Here are some pictures: 





No comments:

Post a Comment