3.23.2022

March 23, 2022

My husband and I bought airline tickets to London last night. We're leaving in late July, with any luck. This is the trip we were planning on taking for our tenth anniversary in 2020. Now it'll be in celebration of our twelfth anniversary unless the world closes again or one of us gets sick with COVID at an inopportune time. I'm excited, though. we're going to fly into London and have seven hours to go from Heathrow to Gatwick airports. (I hope we can stop and grab a pint somewhere.) Then we're flying into Oslo, late, and hopefully catching the last train up to Hamar. Getting in a bit after midnight. We'll stay with our friend from college for a few days and then take the train across Norway to Bergen, on the west coast. We'll stay two nights in Bergen, giving us one day to hike around and eat cinnamon buns. Then we'll fly out in the morning to Edinburgh, rent a car, and drive to Glasgow for the rest of the day/night. We'll spend the next two days driving around the Scottish countryside, checking out whiskey distilleries hopefully, and then on the third day we'll drive back to Edinburgh and drop off the car. We're staying for four nights in a dorm room at Edinburgh University so that we can experience the Fringe Festival. When we're done there, we're going to London -- or wherever Arsenal is playing that weekend -- and then we'll fly from London back to LA. 

I was supposed to work on my script today but got distracted with the trip planning instead. Both have to get done, I guess. It's amazing how much better just planning this trip has made me feel. I'm going to get out! In college at Whitworth my freshman year, I had an unfortunate and consuming crush on a junior in my dorm. It went on for a year and a half, and I hated it but couldn't get, like, my body to stop walking me towards him. I went to Europe for the month of January my sophomore year. I rode public transportation for the first time, I exchanged currencies, I went to those museums, I got through my first pint of beer, and I learned about Western Philosophy (because that was the class). I got back and never needed to hang out with that guy again. I guess I'm sort of hoping that will happen this time. I'll go get some perspective, figure Hey! the world is big and cool, then be in a better place to go about conducting my business. 

Something else -- I think I'm going to start posting my BookLogs (BLogs for those in the know) on Goodreads. Maybe that will be a better social media platform for me, and I write the posts anyways. I'd polish them up a bit before posting to Goodreads. Take out spoilers and stuff. But otherwise they're good to go. 

I was supposed to BLog about Cultish today, but I was really distracted. Tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment