7.15.2022

July 15, 2022

 The painters were in our apartment again yesterday. We really needed it. The ceiling paint was cracking and coming down in chunks. They did the main room, so I was sequestered in the bedroom. I guess I didn't really need to be there, but I felt better being around to make sure the cat didn't get out. 

It was taking longer than I thought, and the main room was cut off to me by white plastic tarps. I was supposed to go hiking with a friend. I pushed our start time back by an hour. The painters still weren't done. My friend suggested I climb out the window. Instead I just called out, announced that I had to leave. From deep within the sea of tarps, the painter emerged. It reminded me of the sheets scene in Romeo + Juliet, but instead of a young lover I was met with this middle-aged Latino man, covered - head to toe - in white paint dust and splatter. It was even on his glasses. 

He let me out of my apartment. 



No comments:

Post a Comment