1.11.2022

January 11, 2022

I attended a Tea with Alice Salon tonight. It's hard to overstate how nice those have been. Interesting people get attracted to Alice Fraser's comedy. I guess they have to be somewhat well off as well in order to be a $15/month Patreonite. They're people I only know in this context. They're from all over the world. I was able to go to a salon the night I finished the first day of shooting Helen's Dead. It was 1AM. Maybe 2AM. It was special to get to share the news with them. 

Tonight, Alice asked if I was over the moon. If we were done filming. I talked about how I've been feeling. Stressed. Like it's both mine to lose and I have to hit the lotto jackpot AGAIN to do anything more with it. She told us about a friend of hers (who she calls Joseph), who while coding, occasionally stands up from his computer and says, "I'm a golden god!" She told me to do that for a bit. I've gotten a movie made. 

I'm a golden god. 


BLog Time! 

**SPOILERS**

Spiner, Brent – FAN FICTION
Published: 2021
Read: 1/2022
This is a fictionalized noir memoir of Spiner’s time as Commander Data on Star Trek Next Generation. It all starts when a fan mails him a pig penis cased in blood. With it is a letter from his daughter “Lal”, inspired by the character in the episode called The Offspring. He’s protected by identical twin knock outs, one an FBI agent, the other a body guard. He hooks up with the body guard. He gets letters from Loretta, a housewife in Canada who thinks that Brent has been calling her late at night and talking dirty. The threats continue. They learn that a psychiatric patient has escaped and probably come to LA – she’s a crazy fan. There’s a woman at the video rental store who calls herself “Mrs. Spiner” and who gets mowed down by a car. Brent hooks up with his body guard but feels conflicted. He thinks he might be best suited for the FBI agent. In the end, Lal ends up being the psychiatrist from that one clinic. She shows up with a knife, after having knocked out the body guard with chloroform, and is about to kill Spiner when Loretta enters and shoots the would be killer. Spiner never tells the cops the identity of the shooter (although how he knew it was Loretta at all is a mystery). I think up to that point he had only gotten letters from her. Ah, maybe one included a picture. 
I’m going to give this book three stars because, while not all that good, I appreciate that it was written specifically for me. I listened to the audiobook, and they get Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Levar Burton, and Michael Dorn. You get to hear Levar Burton say “motherfucker.” There’s sex and alcohol and occasional swearing. There are also jokes. I love a noir. The twin thing was stupid and great. Everybody being in love with Spiner was great. There was a description of Gene Roddenbury’s funeral, which I bet is more or less true. I love that show, man. I love that cast. I’m glad this book exists. I wouldn’t recommend it to my dad because it’s stupid and the swearing and sex. But that’s okay because it wasn’t written for him. It was written for me. 
Rating: ★★★



 

No comments:

Post a Comment