12.10.2021

December 10, 2021

Man, it's felt like forever since I blogged, but it turns out it was just the other day. Well, October I mean. 

I'm in Santa Fe for production on Helen's Dead! I'm staying by myself in a hotel room for ten days -- a first, I don't think I've stayed in the same hotel for ten straight days period -- so to keep me company, I'm going to keep a production blog. 

I got flown out here by production this morning. It was a tiny little plane from LAX to Albuquerque. The two leads from the movie were on my flight (although I only recognized one of them). Production also got my rental car. It was under Hertz gold members, and my name was just on a board next to the car number. The paperwork and everything was already inside, so I just got in and drove it away. They never checked my drivers license or anything. The two leads got picked up by a man with a sign with their names on it who then drove them to the COVID testing place and Santa Fe. I was grateful to get my own car, to have my own autonomy, to drive myself, to not have the pressure to talk to someone else. 

I got on set and talked through the script with the first AD. She seems great, although I'm worried about being too clingy with her. I should have introduced myself to people right away... I think there's still time... but I went in kind of shy. It's important for me to keep mostly out of the way, so shyness isn't the biggest sin, but I do want to meet people and learn things. Anyway, seeing all these people together to actually make the thing I wrote was like a mental orgasm. They had read my script! They were talking about the various characters! I think I'll get used to that pretty fast though. The script will just become the script, the thing we're working on, the reference point. It won't register as having much to do with me. Maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment