12.18.2021

December 17, 2021

Yesterday was better. I'm not pissed at that crew member anymore. I can't remember if I already said this, but in my experience, fights and agitations run way higher in production crews than in other jobs, but the agitations are forgotten and worked through really quickly. Lots of times it's forgotten by the next day. You spend all this time together, everybody's tired, but in the end you still have to work closely together to get the project done, so you move past it. I don't mind that at all. 

We shot the action set piece yesterday. It took nearly the whole time. I've started hanging out with the two guys in the sound department, because they don't have to spend much time setting up (as opposed to camera and electric, which takes ages). My strategy was to hold very still, paying attention in case I could help with anything, and try to exude moral support. 

I'm leaving on the evening of the 19th, so yesterday was going to be my second-to-last production day, but this "morning" (2:30pm when I woke up) we found out that today is our day off. So I'm chilling, trying to run around and see stuff before they close. I'll get to go to some/most of Day 6 of shooting, but I'll leave to go to Albuquerque part-way through. It would be nice to stay for the whole shoot (although, it's really really long hours), but I'm glad I'll be going home to help Mitch drive to Seattle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment