12.14.2021

December 12, 2021

 I ran out of steam and didn’t write a log last night after my day 3. The big event was that most of the actors arrived for rehearsals. Everyone is more beautiful in person. It was kind of excruciating to hear them read what I wrote. They were great at it, but it was the most exposed I’ve felt in this whole process. The director and I met with a couple of them for line changes/suggestions. The process was fun but mind-numbing. A lot to take in. It seems like the general strategy is to tell the actors they’re right and brilliant all the time. It’s… fine? But not really my style. I get that doing what they do takes a lot of confidence and vulnerability. It might be kind of like receiving notes on an idea when it’s early on. It only hurts even though the person might be right. 

Another day has passed. I haven’t gotten in a rhythm with blogging and being on set. I wanted to add about this day that I have been updating the script to match the actual locations in the house. I’ve been sending the drafts to production, but of course they’re getting one million emails. The sides – from my script – that they sent out didn’t match the schedule. (Scenes numbers had changed because locations in the house had changed.) I went from feeling really great to really awful. I apologized to the AD the next morning and she said it was all good. (She was convincing about it.) I felt a bit better. I guess I’m just saying my feelings are precarious. It’s been like the best experience ever, but when I feel like I mess up it’s devastating. 



No comments:

Post a Comment