1.18.2021

January 18, 2021

 I made overnight oats last night. Blueberries, almonds, chia seeds. Blindboy has mentioned them several times on his podcast as being part of his mental healthcare. He has to fight a feeling of dread in the mornings, and it helps to know that he's prepared himself some lovely food the night before. 

(I feel good in the mornings, at least I do after I fully wake up and have my coffee and everything. The time of day I struggle with is the evening/night, where I tend to feel like a failure, another day wasted. Like I'm going no where and doing nothing of any consequence.) 

He talks about how he finds cooking meaningful. The process of going to the shop, creating a delicious meal for himself, and then enjoying it enriches his life. It's tough to feel like anything matters, especially with quarantine making all the days since last March look the same. I've been trying to emulate Blindboy in focusing on creating little bits of meaning in my life, whether it's cooking, writing down my thoughts in my various logs about the movies I've watched or books I've read, or trying to be better about relationships. 

I want to be able to carve out a satisfactory little life for myself, and I guess I'll start with overnight oats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment