1.29.2021

January 29, 2021

Yesterday evening I got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Today my arm hurts and I feel a little sluggish. (But when don't I feel a little sluggish.) I got dressed up in a dress and jacket. I straightened my hair for the first time in ages, and I put on mascara and a bit of glitter. You only get inoculated to COVID-19 once, hopefully. Better make the most of it. 

I posted a photo on instagram of me with my filled out CDC card. It's getting a lot of likes. I feel slightly guilty and dopey about it. Look at me! I'm 33 and healthy, but I got immunized in January! But on the other hand, I feel like I need to take my wins when I can get them. Like I probably should watch The Last Exorcist, which came out last year. I wrote the original script, and while I'm worried the finished product will be embarrassing... I wrote a script for a movie that got made. It's probably okay to acknowledge that. 

I finished reading The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler again yesterday. It's more misogynistic than I remember. Philip Marlowe heroically slaps a number of women. But this was a good line, that's stuck in my memory: "Shake up your business, and pour it out. I haven't got all day." 

Speaking of, it's 9am, and I should get to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment