1.28.2021

January 28, 2021

One of my favorite new things in quarantine has been going to Australian comedian/satirist, Alice Fraser's, zoom salons.  She offers them every other week for people who give her money on Patreon, and you sit there and chat with her and other fans around the world. 

She seems very willing to be engaged with her fans, which is great, but I think I would be too nervous and awkward to do what she's doing. (I am making sure to establish myself as a not-very-creepy fan. I think it's going well.) 

I'm not sure if I'll keep up with them once we're out of lockdown. The zoom chat hangout format might not hold its appeal once I'm able to see people face-to-face. 

This daily blog thing is starting to feel hard. Maybe this is where I figure out I'm not very interesting. 

I get my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine tonight. Have to remember to bring my CDC card. I figure I'll be somewhat wiped out tomorrow because of the immune response, and then after a few days I'll be immune. That'll be wild. Like I've personally traveled back to October 2019, but everyone around me is still in Jan 2021. A few months more, and maybe I'll get to see my friends -- who by then will hopefully also have their shots. Then in August, maybe the Edinburgh Fringe Festival will be back on, and Mitch and I can go and watch comedy, and camp, and get drunk. Maybe Alice Fraser will be there too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment