1.22.2021

January 22, 2021

I took a Mind Print test yesterday. The school I work part-time for is rolling out to their students to help identify strengths and weakness and therefore better formulate educational strategies. And anyway, teachers were allowed to test it out. Here are my results. 

The only thing that surprised me really was the visual memory category. I've known my memory isn't especially good. That's a big reason why I chose Physics instead of Biology. The test for visual memory showed me an assortment of irregular 3-D geometric shapes, and then later showed me a variety of shapes again, and I had to say whether each was one of the original set. I was surprised to be able to recognize the shapes -- I couldn't really connect them to anything when the initial group passed by. 

It makes me wonder about how other people experience memory and reality. Like if they have a lot more words and fewer pictures bouncing around in their noggins than I do. Does it mean I'll remember people's faces longer after they've died? How does it impact my experience of trauma? 

I guess, it's important to note that the Mind Print test is only testing short term visual memory. Maybe my mind's visual window into the past is just as blurry as everyone else's, as long as you give it a day or so. 

I'm also wondering about whether the specific abilities on the test matter that much. America makes a lot of high-powered trucks, brimming with horsepower, that spend their days in suburban garages or cruising unencumbered down I-25. The best and most important tool is the one that gets used, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment