6.16.2021

June 16, 2021

Forgot to post yesterday. Yesterday was busy, but I did get to see the second match of Richard Herring's Self-Playing Snooker on Twitch. The man's been playing himself at snooker once a week for like a decade maybe? And he does all the characters including himself. Sometimes he gets mad at the referees who are also himself. I'm sure I've written about this before, but I'm impressed with the weirdness, how funny it is, and how long he's been doing it. Surely that's emphasis on process if there ever was one. 

I've been thinking about the importance of making things. (Thinking I need to get to work on producing my next audio project.) As I obsess over who "makes it" as a writer/artist and who doesn't. A lot seems to come down to whether that person is creating things that other people can see. There seems to be a slightly different mindset between I'm gonna make it in Hollywood and here's some stuff I made. Of course, maybe the latter is only possible if you're financially secure enough to pay your rent and grocery bills. 

I've been swamped lately. Feeling swamped at least. Trying to get Unknown Number out the door so I can focus on the half-hour comedy writing class I'm in. Once again, trying to write a pilot. Luckily, I'm on a week break from my screenwriting class, so I don't have to also look at Baby Teeth. I haven't been able to watch the second half of a movie I started at the beginning of last week. And this is all with no roller skating too! 

What else? 

I'm excited for my family to visit at the end of the month. Oh! Also excited to go see a double feature at the New Beverly next week. Many things to look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment