6.17.2021

June 17, 2021

I haven't Mlogged in a while. :( 

But otherwise things have been good. I'm on a 10-day good mood streak. (How is streak spelled like "streak" and it doesn't rhyme with steak?) I wonder if there's a cumulative effect with good moods. For example, my neighborhood has seemed more beautiful lately. Some of my long-carried anxieties have felt lighter. I'm anticipating a big change when I go back to work in person. I want to make it as good as it is now by getting up earlier, getting to work on time, and then leaving right at 1pm. Getting to my own projects early and often. I feel like I have a decent amount of control in my life right now, and I'm hoping that I don't feel a huge decline in that when I have to be back in the office. 

What else? 

I want to hold my cat, but she doesn't like being picked up. 

Oh! Maybe I've already written about this, but after talking to my friend (who has the agent and manager) about her so-far writing career, I've been thinking about how if I can get connected -- if I do eventually "break in" -- then the work I'm doing now isn't aspiring to be work, it is work. My friend has relied heavily on her stockpile of writing from before she got repped. A bunch of my writing is not good, but the stuff that is good can stay and maybe come in handy. It makes me feel a little better about my age because it means my career doesn't start after I get representation or when I get my first job. It's happening now. I might get a return on these hours. Monetarily I mean. I'm already getting a joy return from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment