6.29.2021

June 29, 2021

Yesterday, I went to the beach with my family. My two little nephews saw the ocean for the first time. The four-year-old: "It's so big!" He ran around in the sand. He's wait for a wave to come all the way in and then stick his feet in it as it was receding. My brother, sister-in-law, and I swam in the ocean until my mom waved us in. She and my dad said they saw a shark fin. We would have probably been fine, but it seems like a good policy that whenever you hear someone yell,  "Get out of the water!" you follow instructions without question. 

My nephew also did better in the pool yesterday. The day before, he'd only hang out on the steps. Yesterday, floaters on, he realized he could actually touch the bottom of the pool. So he came all the way in. He's a cautious little boy in a way that reminds me a lot of myself. He wants to get into things by going slow. He doesn't want anyone to rush him. He also likes olives. What a winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment