2.15.2021

February 15, 2021

Writing this blog post in the evening, today, because I subbed a class this morning. (It went fine.) I'm listening to Adam Buxton's most recent podcast with guest, Tony Law. (I'm saying this in his voice as I type.) I switched to a ramble chat as a pick-me-up to the book I'm listening to, In The Woods by Tana French. Unmissable but also a huge downer! Like the last book I read by her! How am I falling for this again!? I will definitely finish the 20+ hours of audiobook! 

Law is a comedian from Canada, and if I can't ask him (which I can't) if he knows Deborah DiGiovanni, I think I will burst. Law talks about being 15 and watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the first time. How it blew him away. It made me think of when I was around that age and saw Predator. I was at Jessica's house for her birthday party. For some reason, the movie was on with the sound off. I watched the whole thing, transfixed, ignoring whatever else might have been going on at the party. (There wasn't even any alcohol or anything, so I did this sober.) After the guests had left -- I was spending the night as a matter of course -- I watched the whole movie again. This time with sound. That night, I had Predator dreams. I was frantically trying to cover myself with mud, and it was all very tense and obliquely sexual. Anyways: great movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment