2.06.2021

February 6, 2021

 Mitch and I are going to drive to Colorado today and tomorrow, so this post should probably be short. (Mitch said kind of sneerily that we probably won't leave until noon, and I was like no way! But now, looking at the time and assessing what I still need to do, that's probably accurate. Maybe if we're lucky we can get 11am.) The cat knows something is up. It'll be interesting to see if we can get her into the crate when it's time. 

The drive is always a little dicey. 16-17 hours means a lot of it is in the dark. And it'll be cold and icy probably. Plus the other drivers, the wild animals, and of course the Corona virus. This is the third time we've done the drive in a year, though, so if practice helps at least we have that. 

I'm looking forward to having more space. To seeing my brother and his family. To watching Phryne zoom up and down the stairs. I'll miss LA for the month or so we're gone. I'll miss the weather and the rollerskating especially. (I'm bringing my skates but am not confident that I'll work out a good arrangement.) Time has done this weird collapsing thing over the past year. Now that we're leaving for Colorado, it feels like we've hardly been in LA at all since last time (even though it's been three months). When we arrive in CO it'll feel like we hardly left. And then at the end of our Colorado stay, it'll feel like we were hardly there at all. And when we get back to LA, it'll feel like we've been nowhere else since March of 2020. My brain seems eager to file chunks of time away and then shut the drawer on them. 

I've got a lot to work on. I've got some good books. I'll have plenty to do on the drive and during our time in CO. It's no problem. I'm going to go finish packing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment