2.26.2021

February 26, 2021

My dad is in the living room with me, which is not conducive to blog writing because he can't help but talk. This morning it's been serial killers, DNA, the death penalty, early physics, cosmic background radiation. (Yesterday, it was the Nazis, Keyensian economics, and the works of Ken Follett, while he watched American Ninja Warrior.) But my brother just called him -- my brother calls him everyday -- and now they're talking, which leaves me free. 

Last night my mom and I whooped my dad and my husband in Euchre. Whenever we're together we play and always on those teams. It's been a while since my mom and I really thrashed them. A good portion of that game (and especially the games last night) is luck, and it's nice to feel like the world is coming around, giving me good hands and whatnot. 

(Full disclosure: I'm trying to be more chatty like Richard Herring. He can write a long-ass and still interesting post every day. I feel like I run out of stuff fast, and Rich is in quarantine so it's not like his life can be inherently so interesting, I figure. So I'm going to try to pay more attention? Dredge up more stuff? Maybe just blather?) 

Update: my dad is getting another call. Apparently, 9:40AM is a popular time for my dad. 

Second update: it is my dad's birthday, it turns out. That's why he's getting so many calls. (Although, it wasn't why my brother rang him.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment