2.28.2021

February 28, 2021

Missed a post yesterday! Was up at Snow Mountain Ranch with my family. We got a big cabin together and went snowshoeing and tubing. SMR is a YMCA camp and they have a big rec center with basketball and rollerskating. COVID regulations are lighter in Colorado, so we were able to play two-on-two (me and my husband vs my brothers) while wearing masks. Being a year out of shape plus the 9,000 feet altitude plus masks, meant we were sucking wind. It was a little surreal being inside with other people plus playing basketball at all. We did have to sign waivers when we first arrived promising not to sue if we got COVID. 

I wonder if I should dedicate time into getting into basketball shape. Pushups, squats, jump rope. It would make me better at basketball when we come back. But working out is boring, and I'd rather walk and listen to audiobooks. But then again, maybe I wouldn't feel like I was playing in mud. And then there's my gender to defend whenever I step on a coed court. My husband and I beat my brothers two out of three games, but that was mostly thanks to my husband. I'm a spot shooter and always get a few boards by hustling, but I'm not much of a threat right now. 

Will be feeling regret if someone gets COVID because of our weekend trip, but it was nice to be up in the mountains and snow. My dad has gotten his first shot and my mom and husband (teacher) are eligible to schedule their first appointment. 

Last night I kept waking up feeling like I couldn't breathe. I also didn't blog yesterday. I feel like I've lost track of my schedule, of the things on my plate. I had it together and was productive for a few weeks. Feeling like I had turned into Amy 2.0. Hopefully I have, and I'll be able to slip back into it. But maybe dots, family time, and just reversion to the mean will get the better of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment