3.01.2021

March 1, 2021

Having trouble getting my blog written in the morning because as soon as I walk downstairs, my dad wants to talk to me about politics. His first words to me this morning were, "Do you think they should send kids back to school in person?" (For the record, I think they should as soon as teachers get the chance to get vaccinated. To make them go back now, when immunity is only weeks away seems like a big Fuck You.) He also wanted me to solve taxation. He thinks real estate tax should be abolished. He thinks that sales tax should be the major tax because it's more efficient. I pointed out that sales taxes disproportionately impact poorer people. We've had this exact conversation before. 

It surprises me that I enjoy political satire like The Bugle and Last Week Tonight. You'd think I would run screaming, by this point, of any mention of anything remotely political.  I've experienced random cortisol spikes throughout my life; my dad, out of nowhere, challenging me to solve all of society's ills. Another one from the morning: how can they allow tax fraud to happen? Apparently, there's been a lot of fraud around people claiming unemployment under other people's names. How can they let that happen? 


No comments:

Post a Comment