3.14.2021

March 14, 2021

I had a dream that I was on some kind of mission or voyage with a pretty big team. We were on foot, and I was the navigator, so for the fist part of the dream I was out front, making a lot of readings, a lot of decisions. We came across these small glowing crystals that were growing on some rocks. It was outside a pretty big building, like an old prop house or antique store or something. High ceilings, cluttered with stuff, abandoned, covered in dust. For some reason the crystals really gave us pause. I took photos of them that night, and they seemed to react to my flash. (I could also see that underneath there were a couple of small fossils like the ones in animal crossing.) We could tell for some reason, that they were bad news. 

That night, the leader of the group held a team meeting. I felt nice not to be the one having to make the decisions about these crystal things. I was just the navigator. The leader looked like Jessica Chastain. She counted six women and six men. That meant we were missing two men. Where was the guy who joined us recently? The guy who talked to us about art? He was a little guy. The other guy missing was our brawn guy. 

An older guy in the group, a scientist or doctor, was saying something about the crystals. About how we shouldn't be out with them. Then, I saw in the front window to the building, the brawn guy approaching in the morning light. I figured the door was locked. But he opened it easily. 

"That's not good," the older man said. 

We scattered. I peeled off to the right and ran through a door to another room. Then I started running up a flight of stairs. The big guy followed! Why hadn't he gone after the bigger group? Why had I decided to run up stairs and a handing staircase in the middle of the room no less? (I wondered, afterwards, if the crystals were messing with my judgement.) The guy, of course, saw me on the stairs. He swung up them -- like a monkey -- with ease. I turned around and ran by him down the stairs. But of course he could go down even faster than he could go up. He turned around, leapt, and got me. 

It's no fun being the first one to die on an adventure! (Well, the second one, I guess. We can assume that the little art guy got killed outside by the big guy the night before.) I was thinking Jessica Chastain would keep me safe. I wanted to know what the crystals were, where they came from, how they worked. Was this a Thing type scenario, where the alien parasite infected us one by one? Or was the big guy the crystals only designated host? (I did get the sense that the trouble was we breathed them in. They were tiny, the ones you could see, would make sense that smaller dust-like particles could get into our lungs.) I was the navigator! I had done my job! I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment