3.11.2021

March 11, 2021

I crashed yesterday afternoon. I've been listening to plenty of British stuff and you can tell because I was saying to myself, I feel shattered. I really did feel shattered. We got Sarah Someone officially out! Here it is on Spotify. Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts are taking their sweet time approving it, so it's mostly just on Spotify.  Everybody involved was posting about it on their Instagrams, and it was fun. 

At work, my boss decided he wants to go after the CIRM grant after all, which is due next week. And I missed the lunch-time socratic seminar on Henrieta Lacks at my teaching job. (I still haven't read "The Immortal Life of ..." and I know I ought to. I'm interested in human subject regulations in research, and we even use Hela cells in the lab from time to time.) Like I said. Shattered. 

A brief word -- I feel like maybe I've lost any social skills I once had? I talked to two groups of people on Zoom on Tuesday, each for an hour, and I had the vague feeling that it did not go well. I talked too much? Or too fast? My jokes didn't land. I turn red when I'm talking on Zoom because I'm nervous. Hot and sweaty. The thing is, I'd really like to be able to connect with people. To be comfortable and have a good time. I want to be good company, not just someone who's around because she can work hard on other people's projects. We all (in LA) have been in quarantine for a year, so maybe I'm just out of practice. And maybe the bumps in the conversations weren't only my fault. But ugh -- I just want to be normal and fine socially. 

Had intended to use blog time to work on my Artist Narrative statement for the California Arts Council grant I'm applying to. But I didn't start early enough, and now it's time for work. Next time! 

Update 1:25pm: I feel pretty good. Walked to Starbucks and got myself an almond croissant. Had enough stars saved up to cover it, so it was free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment