3.23.2021

March 23, 2021

Stayed up late on a writing assignment. I have plans of asking to get paid before I submit my work. (I think it's the only way to ensure I actually do get paid and not have to spend months tracking it down.) It's a reasonable request, given the history, but I'm still nervous about giving offense. The only way to get over that is practice! Here I am getting practice. 

Biking to the roller rink, skating for an hour, and biking back feels fairly easy and low impact, but I'm always sore the next day. It's using different muscles, maybe, than your standard walking. 

It's probably clear I'm not finding a lot to say this morning. Still too tired. Just waking up. I'm worried that being an adult -- this phase of adulthood and later -- is going to be no fun. Like, even when you set out to have fun: a party, a roller rink, a theme park. That it won't be as good as when I was younger. I miss that feeling of abandon and elation. Of course, as with everything, that might be the pandemic talking. I haven't gone to a party of a theme park in over a year, so I don't really know what I'd feel going to them now anyway. Even drinking is less fun now, though, you know? Even the chemicals don't seem to be working as well in my body. Is it all this work? Working all the time making me serious, myopic, and boring? Do adults even have friends? I don't know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment