2.23.2021

February 23, 2021

I subscribe to Hot Pod, a podcast newsletter, which has been excellent so far. Podcasts, as small potatoes and DIY as they often are, are also big business. (Obviously, I guess.) Hot Pod is an interesting look into behind the scenes on all that. And anyway, today's newsletter is about an implosion at Reply All regarding a miniseries (which I had already listened to the first two episodes of) covering the toxic and racist work environment at Bon Apetit. Instead of rehashing it myself, you can just read what Nicholas Quah wrote here

It's interesting to see these things come out as shocking revelations, when of course the people inside the company knew about it -- they were there. It just comes as a surprise to everyone else. But then again, maybe it is a surprise to people internally because it's easy to overlook advantages, greased wheels due to race, class, education, buddies. 

The newsletter ended with a link to a Twitter threat by Bethel Habte, a staffer at Gimlet. I liked it. 





Welp, I can't get it to embed correctly. Check out the whole thread here

No comments:

Post a Comment