2.09.2021

February 9, 2021

On the drive here, my husband and I stopped at McDonalds for dinner. I got a hamburger. Just their regular hamburger, nothing fancy, and it was delicious. I've tried their quarter pounder with cheese and the double quarter pounder. Those were okay but maybe a little dry. The meat to pickle ratio a little off, the cheese dulls the flavors. The hamburger is where it's at. With fries obviously. 

I remember my first McDonald's hamburger. I was little -- 6 or 7? maybe earlier -- and it was a revelation. The meatiness, the pickles, the onions, I didn't know food could taste like that. And I wasn't sure why everyone didn't eat McDonald's hamburgers all the time. 

I won a kids' coloring contest put on by the local newspaper. (The coloring sheet was a big castle, and I did every part of it in rainbow.) My prize was a free haircut from Great Clips in the Walmart off of 8th street. I asked them to cut it much shorter. I wanted to get the full value from my prize. Before that, I had only ever really gotten my hair trimmed. Anyway, my mom took us to McDonald's beforehand. She wanted to keep my twin younger brothers happy while they waited. My brother Nick was halfway through his hamburger, when he complained he didn't really like it this time. My mom asked him if there was ketchup or mustard on it. He hates ketchup and mustard, and she had belabored that point at the drive through. "Just pickles, please." My mom took Nick's half eaten burger and opened the bread to look inside. Sure enough: just pickles. But I mean only pickles. A bun and pickles is what he was eating. 

Got to go for the full hamburger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment