7.11.2021

July 11, 2021

Scattered! Again today. I think it's social media. Too much stimulation, even listening to podcasts too much. I was going to write about something today in here, but now I can't remember what it was going to be. Life is hard and weird and really keeps coming. 

I have my Brent Forrester class today, and I'm going to be called up on zoom to talk about taking the cards for my pilot to outline. Crap. I didn't watch the pilot of Flea Bag like I was supposed to. I've seen it before it's just been a while ago. I also feel hungry. Okay. So I need to practice my pitch before I'm on zoom for class. I'm also going to host a zoom after-class meeting, where I break everybody up into groups of three to pitch to each other and just use their 20 minutes in whatever way is going to be most beneficial to them. Maybe I'm nervous about being in front of people today in two different capacities. I'll be fine. My brain kind of hurts. 

The grocery store is still set up for nuclear families, isn't it? For the most part, it's hard to cook for yourself -- and only yourself -- because the recipes are for 4-5 people. Then the stuff at the supermarket is bagged or bunched in recipe-sized quantities usually. Hence the Hello Fresh and services like that. It's doing your shopping for you, but it's also just halving or quartering the amount of ingredients you'd have to get at the grocery store. Same number of ingredients, just a smaller amount of each.  

No comments:

Post a Comment