7.16.2021

July 16, 2021

It's been the longest yet since I wrote a blog post. It's been a crazy week. On Sunday, I went up in front of Brent Forrester's class. He had asked ahead of time for people to send in their cards if they didn't mind coming up in front of class. He was using people's projects as an example of going from cards to outline. We talked through the cold open of Cell Culture (the thing I'm working on). It was nerve wracking and kind of thrilling, both to be working with him for that little bit of time and to be on screen in front of 200-300 people. It makes me think of how Richard Herring gets in front of that many people several times a week. He doesn't seem nervous about it at all. 

Afterwards I ran the break out rooms thing for the class. There was 25 people. It was exhausting. (I walked around my neighborhood and told my friend all about it, so I'm not going to hash it out here.) By Monday I felt completely wiped out. 

On Tuesday, I worked and packed and then drove down to San Diego for my sister-in-law's bachelorette party. Got an email from a producer interested in my scripts. And I've been fielding that plus trying to roll with the wedding stuff since then. Had a phone call with the director (attached to the producer) yesterday. I thought it went pretty well, but by this morning I'm kind of thinking that maybe I messed it up. He talked a lot and fast, and I couldn't get much in edge wise. And I'm worried I was too low energy. (I try to be peppy, but who knows what comes across.) I liked him well enough, I think. 

It's a bite though. Good interest, I think. If I can reel this one in, so to speak, we'll be good. Of course, it's far from "in" yet. And if it's not this time or this script, I'll keep taking shots on goal and hopefully get here again, except with more experience. When I told my husband about it, his take was "this is proof that the process works." I like it. I agree.   

No comments:

Post a Comment