7.06.2021

July 6, 2021

I'm going into work today! For the first time since March 2020. First time in 15 months. I'm excited. Focusing on my timeliness, hoping to get that really sorted and nailed down. My plan is to wake up at 6:30 and to start getting ready to leave for work at 8am. It should get me there by 9am or before. It'll be great. 

Yesterday, I got a text out of the blue from a friend from college. I hadn't spoken to him in probably ten years. We hung out kind of a lot my last year there, and I follow him on Instagram, but he doesn't follow me. I don't know if we had a falling out I hadn't realized or if he got to be too good for me or what exactly. But I was pleased to hear from him. He's a professional potter (and art professor) and I got a half-price mug out of the deal. But I began to discover that he was really contacting me because he wanted me to put him in touch with my other friend who lives in Seattle. This being the primary goal of the whole thing was confirmed when my friend told me she had seen him on Tinder the night before and had swiped left. Ah well. I guess I'm a pimp, now, and I collect my fee in earthenware.  

No comments:

Post a Comment