7.20.2021

July 20, 2021

I've been binging self-help comedy podcast Nobody Panic. Mostly that means I need to get back into an audiobook or expand my podcast listening horizons. (Adam Buxton hasn't posted an episode in so long! Agh!) I'm feeling an almost rubber-necking level of interest in people's problems lately. I mean persistent small problems in every day life. A big one is the writer who can't get herself to actually write. The guy who wants to stop drinking but still has a couple of beers a night. Or the person who wants to get more sleep or exercise more or stop online shopping so much. Even just the person who keeps tweeting about how they're getting off twitter. It's looking like what we want and what we do are different things. Or maybe we're just wrong about what we want. 

Coming into work has meant: I walk more, I drink less coffee, I drink less alcohol. (The alcohol thing is because it's easier to mark the end of my day, having come home from somewhere. Whereas over quarantine, it didn't feel like my workday was over until after I had a beer.) Those all seem like healthy choices, but I'm way more tired and brain fuzzy. Maybe I'm just getting used to it, and once it's habit all those things will feel great. 

Do you think the process works? Is it anti-process to ask that question? 

No comments:

Post a Comment