7.19.2021

July 19, 2021

It's Monday, and I'm back in LA after being in San Diego for five days. SD is a nice place. Lovelier, I'd say, than Los Angeles. But it's good to be back in the energy, the ambition, the smog. My cat was so happy to see me. I think she missed us. 

The week went pretty well, especially compared to my fears. Bachelorette parties are never going to be my thing exactly. I've found that having to dress up similar to a large group of women threatens my self-concept. But I made it through. I resisted the temptation to spend too long getting ready, so I ended up looking alright when we went out. 

I was congratulated on my performance socially, as weird as that sounds. I'm not sure how else to describe it. People were like, Well done! Starting the dancing in the party bus. Conspiring to crowd surf the bride at the reception. I suspect that if anyone compliments you on a behavior, you've probably not been subtle enough. 

Going back in to the office this week. LA's re-upped the mask mandate. I wonder if working in person will stay around for long or if we'll revert again in the Fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment