7.07.2021

July 7, 2021

I went back into the office yesterday! I saw Mike and no one else from the lab. It was great. It felt good to be there. It also felt weirdly like stepping back in time. My computer just how I left it. I think I enjoyed being in the office before the pandemic. Going back, it seemed like I had had happy times there. That sounds dumb and sappy, but I think maybe it's hard sometimes to tell in the moment whether or not you're happy. The downside, of course, is having to get my ass in gear in the mornings. So far so good. But it definitely requires a much more energetic push. As long as I can keep thinking this is my decision, I think it will make it easier. I'm not being forced awake. I'm prioritizing my mornings and my timeliness. 

The hours in the office drug a little. Does that mean I'm getting more done, maybe? I was watching the clock a bit. There's not the pleasant option of taking a twenty minute walk around my neighborhood in the middle of the work day. Ah well. It's easier to get my steps -- they're built in to my commute. The day contains more energy -- I get to go somewhere every day! And it's just nice to have had things mixed up a bit. 

Last night, I did one of Alice Fraser's salons, and it was great. I'm starting to get to know the people who come regularly, and that feels nice. It's cool to talk to people all over the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment