4.14.2021

April 14, 2021

Finished reading the scripts and writing up the coverage for my producer, yesterday. I was surprised by how good the scripts were. They were written by the same person and were both rom-com Christmas movies with detective/mystery/crime genre trappings. The writer did a great job of using clear and to-the-point scene descriptions, while also painting a picture -- or outlining a rough sketch :). She also wove her plots together cleverly and fairly seamlessly. She hit her genre conventions and was able to string her scenes together like a beaded necklace. Everything flowed nicely and seemed to fit. Plus there were parts that were genuinely funny. 

This writer lives in Massachusetts and has written nine made-for-TV movies. It's nice to see someone with thorough competence, like she has, carving out a living for herself as a writer. 

Second thing, I brought my camera to the rink yesterday and worked up the courage to ask a few skaters who were working on triples if I could snap pictures of them. They said yes! The photos turned out okay. The scenery at the rink isn't all that exciting. I still need to process a few more of them and send them to the skaters over Instagram. I hope they like them enough to let me try taking some more photos. It's a really nice little scene, rollerskating in LA, I'd be stoked to have the chance to document it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment