4.18.2021

April 18, 2021

I still haven't come up with my pitches for that producers. Right now, I'm trying to think about how to do the And Then There Were None version of the romantic comedy. They're all stuck together on an island or snowed in somewhere -- there's no way in or out -- and one by one something's happening to them. What's happening? Who is doing it? I think death is too strong, right? Maybe they're getting "love sick"? 

Oh! The protagonists has invited all her ex-lovers (for some reason). Her internal conflict, or the thing she needs to learn, is how to move on and not dwell in the past. This makes the protagonist more than a little coo-coo though, right? I think it's going to be hard to balance all these genre requirements. It needs to fit the beats of a rom com; it needs to have a crime/thriller/mystery angle; and it needs to be funny. 

Yesterday, my husband and I rode our bikes down to the El Segundo brewery. We had a pint there and then split a can sitting on the beach. There was so much going on along the beach path. Some kind of biker event going on in a parking lot. (One of the bikers had the word "erection" embroidered on the back of his jacket, like it was his last name on a basketball jersey.) 

My friend is doing the 365 days of skating challenge. She needs to get on her skates every day for 365 days and post about it on Instagram. She couldn't do it yesterday because she was on a plane all day, so she asked me to sub for her. (Apparently, there are rules and that's a concession that rules allow.) I wasn't planning on skating because of the bike ride, but I told her I was willing to put on my skates and mess around in the breezeway. I don't know any tricks. (I'm progressing as slowly as possible.) And I wanted to maybe do something interesting for her video, so in the end I decided to make it a narrative short. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment