4.21.2021

April 21, 2021

I turned in my pitches yesterday! My friend looked them over before and gave me a couple of good ideas to add and a few tweaks to make. She approved of the work, overall, which was encouraging. One of the pitches I like enough that I might write as a proper rom-com on spec if the streaming network doesn't want it. I'm not really planning to write rom coms, but if I put my head down and work, screenplays don't actually take me that long. 

I roller skated from Venice to the Santa Monica Pier and back. My husband came with me but was running instead of skating. I realize that it's not a very far distance and, compared to my husband, I don't skate very fast. He was somewhere between a walk and a light jog when he was staying back with me. 

Derek Chauvin was convicted on three counts for the murder of George Floyd yesterday. The reoccurring internet posts (at least on my time line) have been: it's accountability not justice; justice would be if George Floyd was still alive; a one-off guilty verdict doesn't prove that the system works; we should be thankful to Darnella Frazier, the 17-year-old who filmed the murder. I know better than to take a guilty verdict for granted. I'm glad that George Floyd's family and friends at least have that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment