4.25.2021

April 25, 2021

My husband and I went to our first night out to eat in 13+ months! It was our Vaccination Celebration as my husband is 10 days past his second shot. (I got mine a couple of months ago through my work.) We spent over $100 at a nice restaurant -- it was a proper night out!  I had two cocktails, which was one too many, and I woke up in the middle of the night very thirsty. I got some water at 2:45am, and then had The Terror for the next hour or so. I half dreamed that one of my husband's childhood friends was trying to kill us. Then I dreamed I was with a group of people, and we were roller skating really fast in a grocery store. 

Speaking of The Terror, I'm reminded of how Jami O'Brien was talking about the terror of writing. She was saying that she worked as a writers assistant for some amount of years. She was working long hours and not doing any writing of her own. The long hours of work definitely contributed, she said, but the main thing was not being able to overcome The Terror. Every time she mentioned the terror, I thought of that TV show on Hulu. But it was striking for me to relate so strongly to her problem. For years, the hardest thing about writing was starting writing, and the emotion that kept me from beginning was pretty close to terror. The past while, it's felt easier. This blog has helped -- break the writing seal early and often. But it's also helped that I've been working so hard on my executive functioning in general. I'm better able to drive myself, to start or finish whatever it is I want to start or finish. Because of that, I feel a bit more confidence, which lowers my stress, which makes the whole process that much easier. 

What else? Going to skate at the Sepulveda Dam today. It's my first time checking it out, and I've invited a handful of people to join. It's everybody's first time, I think. I'm excited. It'll be a mini adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment