4.22.2021

April 22, 2021

 My husband and I are officially pushing our Edinburgh Fringe Festival trip back to August 2022. I'm bummed, but airline shenanigans made it seem more prudent. Plus, I'm hoping Fringe will be back in fuller force by 2022. It would be great if Richard Herring and Alice Fraser were there, for example. 

My Baby Teeth outline isn't going great. I'm having Act Two problems. The main character doesn't have a very strong goal, especially early on. She's more put-upon than anything else. It's a big issue. I should have flagged it and done something about it from the beginning. She's being put upon, you know? Maybe I'll just start writing "refer to the Gremlins script" instead of writing pages. I'm liking the class, but I keep complaining that it moves too slow. I need to actually go at my own pace, of course, and not let the pace of the homework assignments "hold me back." 

I'm not sure what to do about return to work. It's still a couple of months away, and I like my job enough that I'm inclined to just go back to fully in-person. But the company is giving people a lot of leeway if they want to work part-time remote. If I want to take advantage of something like that, now would be the time to set it up. But I also don't want to seem less committed to my boss. My job requires him to go to bat for me every few years because the contract runs out. (The next time it's up is end of June 2022.) It seems better to be in person so that he feels motivated to keep asking for my position to be continued. 

I might do something like ask for a few weeks a year that I can work remotely, mostly to go stay with my parents and not have to use holiday time. That was really nice over this past year, and it would be great to be able to see my nephews more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment