5.01.2021

May 1, 2021

Yesterday I did a zoom networking event for female filmmakers. It was actually pretty fun. I might reach out to a few of the people I met, and also I think it was good practice talking to people in a networking setting in general. In general, I'm terrified of it. So any practice helps. Bluuurrrpp. I am tired of my own thoughts. 

Found out that the UCLA screenwriting MFA program did awful on an internal review and that's why they shut down admittance for a year. I still think it's like my only choice at this point, especially if I can get the employee discount. But it seems wild that you could mess something like that up so badly. I'd just have people write a new screenplay each semester and do weekly script journal clubs and point them in the direction of a lot of internships and call it a day. They should make me head of the program. 

Went skating last night up at CSUN, and it was a smaller scene than Mar Vista but still super fun. Music, skating, people trying tricks. The regular stuff. It was good to see new people - I'm not sure how much crossover there is between people who skate in the city vs the valley. Taking over a place with smooth concrete and making it a little party is so great. 

Okay! Time to go to the beach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment