5.26.2021

May 26, 2021

Was just thinking about "breaking in" to the industry. (I prefer to stand outside and knock.) Maybe, at the end of the day, you just keep doing it until they want you? Thinking idly about how there's not much standing in the way of someone making stuff. Internet. Cheaper gear. If you can get something going then come on in. Who knows. 

Listened to Edgar Wright and Quentin Tarantino - on the Empire Film Podcast - talk about audience reactions in movie theaters. Tarantino kept saying, "That's subversion on a massive level!" (Or maybe it was "massive scale") He meant that the movie was leading audiences to feel and react counter to their predicted or moral programming. Rooting for a killer, for example. Laughing at a tragedy. Finding depth, sadness, love in a slasher film. SUBVERSION ON A MASSIVE LEVEL! 

What else? 

Yesterday was more productive. I needed that. 

I'm thinking of putting together a personal website in case the next Black List reviews I receive are any good. What to make a person website look like? Everything "stylish" seems to look like Apple these days. Should I just do that or try to figure out something else. I don't need it to be my calling card. I just want something that indexes my projects and accomplishments. 

I've already started bouncing around the internet looking at personal websites, so I should probably wrap this up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment