5.07.2021

May 7, 2021

I just remembered that the dream I was having last night was something to do with a high school reunion. I was still unpopular! I couldn't believe it. I tried to catch up with people, ask engaging questions, and not be weird, but the popular girls weren't having it. And because they weren't having it, no one was having it. I wonder what it's like, being popular in high school and then going on to college. You've probably got decent social confidence, in that case, but also high social expectations, which might be hard to satisfy. Maybe if or when I do ever go to a high school reunion I can ask them about it. 

Yesterday, I found out that my script, BREAKING UP IS EASY, got a 9 on the Blacklist. 9s are 1% of the scores given for uploaded scripts. I was shocked! I mean, I think the script is really good, but I guess I've gotten used to a score-of-7 ceiling on the site. They gave me two evaluations and two months of hosting for free. I think now, the thing is to hope for is another 8 or 9. Then just hope that someone interested will see it and like it and want to follow up with me. 

I'm in Colorado and played with my nephew last night. I was being a dinosaur and stomped hard down my brother's deck step. The deck is pretty rotten -- they're replacing it soon -- and I went through the step. I was surprised to be uninjured. No dinosaurs were harmed in this anecdotes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment