5.13.2021

May 13, 2021

I had zoom class for my Baby Teeth screenplay last night, and I didn't have any questions to ask the teacher. I told her that I had a general idea of what needs to happen in Acts 2 and 3 and at this point I just need to write it. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions at the end, but at this point I feel like I just need to crank it out. Maybe that's not using the class very effectively. 

I listened to Kumail and Emily's Staying Home podcast, yesterday, because they were interviewing Edgar Wright. I hadn't listened to him talk at all before. But it was exactly what I wanted out of him, just pure love of movies. Movies, movies, movies. He consumes so many of them - multiple in a day, sometimes as many as four. Also he mentioned Joe Cornish. I know who that is! I thought in ecstasy. I'm flying to Seattle tonight, going to visit a friend and hang out for a few days, which will be fun, but I can't wait to get back to LA and to start my movie watching again. I have a long list! And Cinephile has everything. I'm going to become Edgar Wright! 

Also, I wonder if when Edgar Wright goes on first dates if he introduces himself as Mr. Wright. Ha - get it? I bet he does. 

I hit "enter" very firmly just now, like I definitely had someplace to go with this. But I don't think I have any pressing thoughts. enter. Enter. ENTER. ENTER! Places to be. 

I took a skating lesson yesterday day with Downtown Sam. I was the worst one there. But I didn't fall down. Click clack click clack. That's what my skates sounded like as I did the footwork. It's fun to learn new things, to improve even if it's really slowly. You do something for long enough and you get better at it, I think. Other people fall away and then eventually you're out front.   

No comments:

Post a Comment