5.29.2021

May 29, 2021

In Austin, Texas! My husband and I got in at 1pm yesterday and had to kill two hours. We took a bus from the airport towards our Airbnb, and then we posted up in the lobby of a Hyatt. It was great. Good tables. Fine internet. Nobody looking at us funny for sitting there with our suitcases. Then I had the idea to walk the 0.8 miles to our place. 

Holy hell is Austin hot. And humid. And the sidewalks aren't very good. We made it, but not before I regretted the idea. We could have taken a five minute rideshare. 

Was worried about that thing when traveling where you're (I'm) all irregular and you (I) get constipated and only think about wanting to poop for a couple of days. Happy to say, I took care of it this morning. Hoping that's the end of that worry. 

Last night we went out to BBQ -- delicious, -- and then it started thunderstorming so hard there was a flash flood warning. Instead of figuring out which bars to go to and how to get there, we ordered some cocktails to go and then watched a movie in our place while it rained and thundered and lighteninged outside. 

Mlog time!

Actually, we're going to head out so I will do this later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment